Nawabi green cutlets
Spread the love

It’s been sometime I have put any fried snack here. Summer has atlast vanished Now, the weather is good, it’s raining at times but pleasant. Loving this weather and the splendid climate ! Well, it’s hinting me to make some fried snacks to binge. Today, I present to you Nawabi  Green Cutlets.

I am a kind of person who loves good food and love to try my hand at different kind, but I always prefer shallow frying, keeping the health factors in mind. But yesterday, I did deep fry and they were so good, crunchy on the outside with soft gooey filling inside. It was a few green vegetables along with potato and onion that I used. Greens were capsicum, peas and spinach. In the middle of the mixture, I had kept a filling of cottage cheese with dry fruits and deep fried. Let me take you to the recipe without much ado.

nawabi green cutlets

nawabi green cutlets

Nawabi green cutlets
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: Indian
Author: Jayashree @evergreendishes
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 12
Stuffed with cottage cheese and dry fruits, these green cutlets are delicious snack to have anytime.
  • potato 2
  • water
  • semolina 1/2 cup
  • For the filling:
  • onion 1/2 cup
  • cottage cheese 2tbsp
  • raisins 8
  • cashewnuts a few pieces
  • almonds a few pieces
  • coriander finely chopped
  • salt
  1. wash and chop the veggies.
  2. pressure cook the potatoes.
  3. Take a teaspoon of oil in a pan and put cumin. As they splutter, add the onions and saute them.
  4. Put the capsicum and give a stir.
  5. Add the green peas and the spinach. Let cook for a few minutes.
  6. Allow to cool.
  7. Grind it to a paste.
  8. Remove it in a bowl. Mix in the potatoes.
  9. Add salt and pepper powder.
  10. In a small bowl make a paste of cornflour with water. It needs to be mixed well.
  11. Take a ball of the mixture, put a little stuffing, enclose it.
  12. Dip it in the cornflour mixture, and then roll in the semolina.
  13. Heat oil in a pan. Once it is heated, slowly add the rolled cutlet into it and deep fry on medium flame until golden in colour.
  14. Repeat for the next of the mixture.
  15. Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Notes
Green chilly, adjust as per your needs.
Please note: This is repost on request.
      Pictorial representation is below:

veggies

veggies

Cut the onions and capsicum  into small pieces. Chop the spinach and wash it well. Green peas are put in water as they are frozen

IMG_1898

Take a spoon of oil and put cumin to it.

IMG_1900

As it splutters, add onions. Do keep aside some for the stuffing .

IMG_1901

Once the onion turns slightly pinkish, add the capsicum.

IMG_1902

Then, throw in the spinach.

IMG_1903

Lastly comes the peas. I have used frozen peas here.

IMG_1905

Once cooked, allow to cool.

IMG_1907

Put them in a jar and grind to a paste along with two green chilly. Add more  chilly if you want it spicy.

IMG_1909

The paste is ready.

boiled potato

Potatoes need to be boiled in the pressure cooker

IMG_1919

Mash the potatoes and mix it with the green paste. Add pepper powder and salt to it. Mix well.

IMG_1922

Make the stuffing with dry fruits, panner , onions and finely chopped coriander. Put some salt to it and keep it ready.

shaping of cutlet

Pictorial representation of shaping the cutlet.

IMG_1937

Deep fry the cutlets in oil. Turn it both sides with a ladle and cook on medium flame. Fry one or two at a time. Do not turn around many times.

nawabi green cutlets

nawabi green cutlets

Nawabi Green Cutlets are ready to serve

nawabi green cutlets

nawabi green cutlets

You can use tomato ketchup or green chutney with it. I could make twelve cutlets with this measurement.

Let’s be connected :

• Twitter,
  • Instagram

Subscribe to get a book of handyhints for free !

1. Piyali Mutha

What a brilliant post J. Love love and loved the cutlets. This is a must try for me. Truly Nawabi with the yummy rich, crunchy filling and the green goodness of an outer coating. So so delish.

Thankyou so much Piyali

Thankyou so much Anu

2. Poornima

Crunchy and delicious.. love the color on those rich cutlets

Thankyou Poornima

3. Jagruti

These nawabi cutlets are just to die for..crispy and delicious!

Thankyou Jagruti, glad you liked them.

4. Whisk It Real Gud (@Whiskitrealgud1)

These sound delicious. Are they kind of like a vegetable cake? It seems like it. Either way I love the ingredients. I may have to try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!.

5. mapsandmonograms

Oh wow, now these look delicious! There seems to be a lot of steps but the recipe itself doesn’t look difficult at all. I love trying different foods from various cultures- pinning this recipe to try out!– Elle

6. Jere

What an interesting recipe and full of so much good stuff. I loved reading on how these cutlets are made. They look so good.

7. Citrus and Cinnamon

This sounds so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing such a great recipe.

8. ilanaontheroad

What a healthy and delicious recipe! I am learning lately to love spinach, especially for its healthy features! I would definitely love to try it soon! Thanks for sharing

9. Jordan

These look crazy good! Love all of the healthy greens you have going on. I wonder if these could be baked? I’m always nervous to fry things!

10. Nayna Kanabar

These cutlets look really delicious and I love the green colour from the vegetables.I am sure these would go well served with a cup of tea.

11. Nivedita Thadani

Kebabs and cutlets are always welcome to my plate, but always lazy to make these.
    Lovely presentation.

Wow Jayashree these cutlets look awesome. Never made any with a mixture of greens. Sounds very flavorful.

13. Sandhya

So many yummy layers of flavor in these Nawabi cutlets Jayashree. I am a big fan of stuffed cutlets- it is like getting a treasure in there ! fabulous share!

14. Ruchisvegkitchen

Lovely recipe . Love the stepwise details. Lovely cutlets.

15. sapana

Those nawabi green cutlets looks really royal and very tempting. They would be a crowd pleaser.

16. simplyvegetarian777

Such a fun recipe of Nawabi cutlets.nThe greens in these make them healthy too.

17. Divya Deepak Rao

So much goodness in these green cultets! They would make for a delicious addtion to tea time!

Welcome Deepa to my space. Glad you liked it.

18. Swati

Loved the recipe Jaya, healthy as well as delicious. loved the color as well

Thankyou Swati 🙂

1. How to make tasty green chutney | Ever Green Dishes - […] It goes well with any paratha.  It makes a perfect accompaniment   with snacks such as  samosa, cutlets, kachori etc.…
  2. Palak Tambli | South Canara recipes - […] A few spinach recipes that I have : Corn Palak, Spinach Salad, Palak Sev, Spinach Chutney, Spinach Kofta Curry, Palak Paneer…

FIND US EVERYWHERE

About

Hello and Welcome to my blog! I am Jayashree from India. An enthusiastic blogger, with a zest for life.  I believe in living life to the fullest.

Cooking has been my passion. I have always loved to try new recipes.  Writing has been a feel good factor and extremely  loving it. With these two passions of mine, my culinary blog was born. Read More…

ALSO FIND US ON

Popular categories

Related Post

Rava Dhokla Recipe

Rava Dhokla Recipe

Rava Dhokla is a healthy snack from Gujarati cuisine. It is ideal to serve for breakfast or as after school snack. It is soft, fluffy and gets ready in 30 minutes. Rava Dhokla recipe is a no mess, straight forward recipe. You take the right ingredients and follow the...

Corn Dhokla | Makki Ka Dhokla

Corn Dhokla | Makki Ka Dhokla

Corn Dhokla / Makki ki dhokla  is an instant food ready within 30 minutes. It is light and ideal as evening snack. One can pack it in the lunch box too. Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack. It is non-fried snack and usually made of gram flour. But today, different...

Air fryer Vegetable Pakora / Guilt free Veg Pakoda

Air fryer Vegetable Pakora / Guilt free Veg Pakoda

Vegetable Pakora in air fryer is crispy, tasty and guilt free snack to have anytime. Monsoon is all set as we had a couple of showers this year. It's one of the season that calls for delicious, spicy food. Pakodas, mirchi bhajji, samosa are some of the relished snacks...

Cooking is a wonderful job if you love it. It helps you to make tasty dishes for your loved ones. But it can be a chore, if one has many errands at hand. Thus, one needs to cook efficiently. It can be done by using the handy hints which make cooking easier, by saving the time or making better dish by using an ingredient instead of other. Here are a hundred handy hints which I have put them in two different categories. One is store wise and the other is cook wise.