Seekh Moong Kabab
Spread the love

Kabab or kebab have been very popular these days. Though originated in Middle eastern Asia, they have now become popular world wide. It is usually pieces of meat or vegetables  binded together on  a skewer and grilled or roasted. But today, I find that they can be put on a skewer or made into flat round balls and  served.These make excellent starters and today I find them to be a guilt free food for us. Here is one healthy, Seekh Moong Kebab for you.

When the theme of our blog hop was decided as “biryani and kebab” I really tried, searched and made my own versions by making a few changes. But, on the final day, I did post only one recipe and that was of Brown rice Biryani.

Seekh moong kabab is healthy and tasty, something different from the usual routine. I have served it with tzatziki dip. You can also use mint chutney.

Ingredients :

• salt
  • corn flour with water
  • oil
seekh moong kebabs

seekh moong kebabs

Method :

Boil the moong with one cup of water. Let all the water evaporate. You can mash it with the back of the ladle. Let it cool. Add the potatoes, onion , peas and all the other spice powders to it.

Make balls of it, flatten it between palms and keep aside.

Mix cornflour and water to a paste.

Heat a skillet. I prefer using  Nirlep appliances, they last for a long time. You can check them.Take a patty dip it in the paste and put it on the skillet. Put some oil on it.  Allow to cook on both sides until golden brown in colour.

Seekh moong  kabab is ready to serve.

I love Nirlep appliances. They are one of the renowed manufacturers of non stick cookwares. They are of good quality and last for many years.

seekh moong kebabs

seekh moong kebabs

A few other kabab recipes from the blog:

We are now on mobile app. Do download the app

We are now easily accessible at the touch of the button.

Do download the app on mobile https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gembox.info.evergreendishes

Subscribe to get a book of handy hints for free !

book of handyhints

book of handyhints

Thankyou dear Vani

1. Piyali

The Moong dal kebabs look delicious Jaya. I have bookmarked the recipe and am going to make them one of these days. Will let you know once I make them. Thanks for the lovely recipe dear.

Piyali thanks to you too. You make my day with your lovely comments !

2. kushi

love this healthy and yummy kabab dear

Thankyou so much dear Kushi

3. Gauri

These look great 🙂 I had made similar ones adding veggies too. Loving these

Now, I need to try that with veggies Gauri, many thanks

4. Anu Nagaraja

lovely one Jaya looks soo inviting and perfect!

Thankyou Anu

5. Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth

The moong dal kebabs sounds like a nice dish to try for a light dinner or even a good snack for tea time… so well made, and also nothing that doesn’t go well with a yogurt dip!

Thankyou Rafeeda, the yoghurt dip pairs well with it.

6. Vidya Narayan

These are delicious and a healthy way to include lentils and veggies in the form of a quick snack. I make these with masoor dal and paneer too. Great share.

I need to try with masoor dal now. Thanks for the visit Vidya

7. theyellowdaal

I am a great fan of moong daal and now I can enjoy this a a kebab. Thanks for sharing, will try this soon?

Moong is good for health too. Thanks Avin, do try it.

8. Nivedita Thadani

Basically I am a kabab lover but lazy to make. Lovely Colour. But doesn’t green moong gives that strong flavour?? I must try once. Recipe looks easy. Thank you Jayashree.

NIvedita, this is made of moong dal, the yellow lentil. Do give a try.

9. simplyvegetarian777

Loved how you incorporated Mung Dal in the recipe. A must make for sure!!

Thanks Sonal 🙂

10. Lathiya

This looks totally delicious ? perfect pair with hot chai

11. Nisha Ramesh

Oh I Love a good kebab. 🙂 Will definitely try these out. 🙂

12. themadscientistskitchen

Wow this is delicious. I will love to try it out. Thanks for submitting it to cooking on Tawa- Kid’s Delight, Kindly link it to my announce and to Srivalli’s post.

Thankyou, glad you liked it. Shall do Archana.

13. Ritu Tangri

My son is a foodie and needs something different everyday. This moong kababis haelthy and seems delicious too.. Going to be my next kababs 🙂

14. Jagruti

These looks so tempting and easy recipe. Healthy and delicious!

15. Priya Srinivasan

Perfecto!! All I need is a cup of hot chai and a plate of these yumm kabab!! Love it!!

16. Swati

Loved the recipe Jaya, I am surely giving it a try , as it is gluten free, I am encouraged to try this. Very healthy and delicious recipe

Interesting recipe of using moong dal to make kebabs. Perfect for snacking or even as starters.

18. Sapana Behl

Such a nice idea to use moong dal to making kebabs. They look delicious.

19. Priya @priyascurrynation

actually the idea of making seekh kebabs from the moong is unique… what a lovely share!

20. jyo

Simple yet stunner recipe ❤

Welcome to my space. Glad you liked it. Thankyou.

1. hara bhara kabab - […] other kabab recipe shared earlier are: Seekh Moong Kabab, Veg Seekh […]

FIND US EVERYWHERE

About

Hello and Welcome to my blog! I am Jayashree from India. An enthusiastic blogger, with a zest for life.  I believe in living life to the fullest.

Cooking has been my passion. I have always loved to try new recipes.  Writing has been a feel good factor and extremely  loving it. With these two passions of mine, my culinary blog was born. Read More…

ALSO FIND US ON

Popular categories

Related Post

Baked Katori Chaat | Katori Chaat recipe

Baked Katori Chaat | Katori Chaat recipe

Katori Chaat makes a quick snack to serve as appetiser or weekend menu  when everyone is at home. The baked version is tasty and guilt-free.  What is Chaat ? Chaat is a kind of savoury  snack from the Indian sub-cintinent. The word Chaat is derived from the Hindi word...

Rava Dhokla Recipe | How to make rava dhokla

Rava Dhokla Recipe | How to make rava dhokla

Rava Dhokla is a healthy snack from Gujarati cuisine. It is ideal to serve for breakfast or as after school snack. It is soft, fluffy and gets ready in 30 minutes. Rava Dhokla recipe is a no mess, straight forward recipe. You take the right ingredients and follow the...

Corn Dhokla | Makki Ka Dhokla

Corn Dhokla | Makki Ka Dhokla

Corn Dhokla / Makki ki dhokla  is an instant food ready within 30 minutes. It is light and ideal as evening snack. One can pack it in the lunch box too. Dhokla is a popular Gujarati snack. It is non-fried snack and usually made of gram flour. But today, different...

Cooking is a wonderful job if you love it. It helps you to make tasty dishes for your loved ones. But it can be a chore, if one has many errands at hand. Thus, one needs to cook efficiently. It can be done by using the handy hints which make cooking easier, by saving the time or making better dish by using an ingredient instead of other. Here are a hundred handy hints which I have put them in two different categories. One is store wise and the other is cook wise.