Mixed Fruit Popsicle is a delightful summer snack. It is easy to make with natural ingredients and has no added sugar in it.
Summer and frozen treats such as ice cream, popsicles and sorbet go hand in hand. It is one of the essentials of scorching heat as the body needs something cool.
Popsicles are the easiest and best treats one can make at home. They are water or milk based frozen snack on a stick. It is called by different names in different parts of the world as ice pops, freezer pop, paleta, icy pole, ice candy, ice block or ice drop. Different flavours are available in super markets. One can easily make at home It is the best treat you will be giving yourself by sparing a few minutes. You are in control of the ingredients that goes into it. Seasonal fruits are the ideal choice. Sugar may be avoided and more over you can play around different flavours according to the likes of your children.
Different kind of popsicles :
The different kind of popsicles are fruit based, juice, yoghurt or milk based. One kind makes use of coconut milk also.
Today, I am presenting a mixed fruit popsicle. It is a fun recipe ready in few minutes, the only wait is the freezing time.
Why should you prepare this one?
- seasonal fruits are used
- no artificial colours or flavours
- no added sugar
- easy to prepare
- kids will like it
What goes into this popsicle ?
- Watermelon: It is truly a summer fruit, one can eat loads of it.
- Mango: It is the king of fruits and the season is here right now. This is the only time we can enjoy these luscious fruit.
- Apple: One cannot deny the many benefits of apple. It gives a good texture to the candy.
- Chia seed: Much has been said about, I used it in small quantity.
- Water: I have used a small quantity of water.
You may add :
- Honey : If you need more sweetness. Sugar can also be used.
- Lime juice : I have not used it.
Let’s get to the recipe of Mixed Fruit Popsice:
- 1 Mango
- 1/2 apple
- 1 cup of watermelon chunks
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak the chia seed in water for sometime.
- Cut the mango and apple into small pieces.
- Remove the seeds from the watermelon.
- Blend them into a puree with little water. Add watermelon chunks and give a pulse.
- Remove the puree in a glass.
- Pour it into the molds. Add some chia seeds to it and put the stick over them.
- Freeze them for six hours or overnight.
- To unmold, hold them under running water for ten seconds, it comes out easily.
Take a tip:
- I did not use any sweetener as the fruits were naturally sweet.
- You can add honey or sugar while grinding.
- Use ripe fruits to make popsicles.
About the event:
Frozen Treats is the theme for the month of April in Shhhh Secretly Cooking Challenge. Theme was suggested by Pavani of Pavanis Kitchen. I liked her Oreo Ice cream prepared for the current theme, a surely loved one by children. Here, we are paired and the partners exchange secret ingredients. The recipe is prepared accordingly and later the ingredients are guessed in the group by other members.My partner for this month is Sasmita. She has prepared a lovely sorbet with the cumin and amchur that I gave. I was given apple and chia seed. prepared this fruit popsicle.
Pin it for later:
If you ever make this recipe, take a picture and share it by tagging @foodiejayashree on Instagram or @evergreendishes on Facebook. I will be glad to see and share your creation further.
Check out my e-books on Amazon. Do not miss any post, subscribe to get all updates and an e-book for free !