mixed fruit popsicle
Mixed Fruit Popsicle | Summer Treats
Spread the love

Mixed Fruit Popsicle is a delightful summer snack. It is easy to make with natural ingredients and has no added sugar in it.

Summer and frozen treats such as ice cream, popsicles and sorbet go hand in hand. It is one of the essentials of scorching heat as the body needs something cool.

Popsicles are the easiest and best treats one can make at home. They are water or milk based frozen snack on a stick. It is called by different names in different parts of the world as ice pops, freezer pop, paleta, icy pole, ice candy, ice block or ice drop. Different flavours are available in super markets. One can easily make at home It is the best treat you will be giving yourself by sparing a few minutes. You are in control of the ingredients that goes into it. Seasonal fruits are the ideal choice. Sugar may be avoided and more over you can play around different flavours according to the likes of your children.

Different kind of popsicles :

The different kind of popsicles are fruit based, juice, yoghurt or milk based. One kind makes use of coconut milk also.

Today, I am presenting a mixed fruit popsicle. It is a fun  recipe ready in few minutes, the only wait is the freezing time.

Why should you prepare this one?

• seasonal fruits are used
  • no artificial colours or flavours
  • no added sugar
  • easy to prepare
  • kids will like it

mixed fruit popsicle

What goes into this popsicle ?

• Watermelon: It is truly a summer fruit, one can eat loads of it.
  • Mango: It is the king of fruits and the season is here right now. This is the only time we can enjoy these luscious fruit.
  • Apple: One cannot deny the many benefits of apple. It gives a good texture to the candy.
  • Chia seed: Much has been said about, I used it in small quantity.
  • Water: I have used a small quantity of water.

You may add :

• Honey : If you need more sweetness. Sugar can also be used.
  • Lime juice : I have not used it.

Let’s get to the recipe of Mixed Fruit Popsice:

Ingredients:

• 1 Mango
  • 1/2 apple
  • 1 cup of watermelon chunks
  • 1 teaspoon chia seed
  • 1/2 cup water

Method:

1. Soak the chia seed in water for sometime.
  2. Cut the mango and apple into small pieces.
  3. Remove the seeds from the watermelon.
  4. Blend them into a puree with little water. Add watermelon chunks and give a pulse.
  5. Remove the puree in a glass.
  6. Pour it into the molds. Add some chia seeds to it and put the stick over them.
  7. Freeze them for six hours or overnight.
  8. To unmold, hold them under running water for ten seconds, it comes out easily.

Take a tip:

• I did not use any sweetener as the fruits were naturally sweet.
  • You can add honey or sugar while grinding.
  • Use ripe fruits to make popsicles.

About the  event:

Frozen Treats is the theme for the month of April in Shhhh Secretly Cooking Challenge. Theme was suggested by Pavani of Pavanis Kitchen. I liked her Oreo Ice cream prepared for the current theme,  a surely loved one by children. Here, we are paired  and the partners exchange secret ingredients. The recipe is prepared accordingly and later the ingredients are guessed in the group by other members.My partner for this month is Sasmita. She has prepared a lovely sorbet with the cumin and amchur   that I gave. I was given apple and chia seed. prepared this fruit popsicle.

shhh cooking secretly

Pin it for later:

Mixed fruit popsicle

Mixed fruit popsicle

Other dessert recipes that I have shared earlier are mango pannacotta, strawberry ice cream, royal kulfi, choco banana icecream

If you ever make this recipe, take a picture and share it by tagging @foodiejayashree on Instagram or @evergreendishes on Facebook. I will be glad to see and share your creation further.
Check out my e-books on Amazon. Do not miss any post, subscribe to get all updates and an e-book for free !

1. FoodTrails

Perfect easy peasy summer treat.. and a lovely way to enjoy fruits.. kids will love these mixed fruit popsicles I am soon going to make these for them.

2. sizzlingtastebuds

goodness of the fruits in a tempting popsicle.. nice share..

Best way to get kids to enjoy a variety of fruits in the form of a healthy mixed fruit popsicle. What I like about this recipe is that one can use any combination of fruits.

4. Preeti Shridhar

A colorful and healthy treat for the kids. Love the addition of chia seeds here.

5. Renu

Awesome recipe with no added sugar, a sure treat for kids…they would love it

6. The Girl Next Door

Love these pretty Popsicles! Appreciate the fact that they are made using real fruit and don’t really need any sugar. Great healthy, refreshing treat for the summer months. 🙂

I simply love the colour of the popsicles and they looks so refreshing and at the time healthy too. I liked the addition of chia seeds in the popsicles.

8. namscorner18

Whenever i have some leftover cut fruits, I just do the same and make it as popsicle. Fruit popsicle looks so refreshing and delicious. best way to feed mixed fruits to kids

9. vasusvegkitchen

This is perfect recipe for this summer, kids not only love to have it they can also prepare it easily. Best way to use some leftover fruits like this.

10. poonampagar

Mixed fruit popsicles sound oh so flavorful ! It is such a guilt free Summer delight for all ages.

11. Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth

Such treats are so guilt free and appeal to all age groups when the going gets hot… Looks amazing…

12. Priya Vj

Delicious looking fresh fruit ice lollies ..this is the best way to feed fruits to kids who are fussy about eating them . Best part is there is no sweetener used .

13. Seema

this is a perfect combination of fruits without any addition of sugar. I love the combo of mango, apple ad water melon with the chia to hold it all together.

14. Anu Kollon

I always prefer popsicles that doesn’t contain any refined sugars. This makes a perfect treat for hot summer days which can be enjoyed by any age group without any guilt.

FIND US EVERYWHERE

About

Hello and Welcome to my blog! I am Jayashree from India. An enthusiastic blogger, with a zest for life.  I believe in living life to the fullest.

Cooking has been my passion. I have always loved to try new recipes.  Writing has been a feel good factor and extremely  loving it. With these two passions of mine, my culinary blog was born. Read More…

ALSO FIND US ON

Popular categories

Related Post

Custard Pudding | How to make custard pudding

Custard Pudding | How to make custard pudding

Custard Pudding is a layered, easy to make dessert. It is a good treat during hot summer months. One can customise to their preference. Custard pudding is one of the desserts I often make.  This dessert  is easy to prepare and  tailor-made to one's taste and needs....

Almond Cookies

Almond Cookies

Almond Cookies | Almond Cookies Recipe | Christmas Treats | Almond cookies are soft, tasty, melt-in the-mouth cookies. They are made with a few ingredients and are egg free. We are in the last month of the year, 2020 is at last coming to a close. There seems to be a...

Strawberrry Yoghurt / flavoured yoghurt

Strawberrry Yoghurt / flavoured yoghurt

Strawberry Yoghurt is flavoursome and makes a good dessert. It is ideal to serve as breakfast with a topping of cereal and nuts. Flavoured yoghurts are tasty and make a good dessert anytime. One can serve it as breakfast along with cereals. Top it with nuts and it is...

Cooking is a wonderful job if you love it. It helps you to make tasty dishes for your loved ones. But it can be a chore, if one has many errands at hand. Thus, one needs to cook efficiently. It can be done by using the handy hints which make cooking easier, by saving the time or making better dish by using an ingredient instead of other. Here are a hundred handy hints which I have put them in two different categories. One is store wise and the other is cook wise.