This is one of the rice dishes that I prepare quite often as it is easy and one of the favourites of my children. The first time I ate this at one of my friends place.It was mildly fragrant and was delicious. Soon, I laid my hands on it as I always prefer easy and tasty cooking.
The ingredients that you need are :
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 cup beans cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup carrot cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup onions cut lengthwise
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
To prepare the rice:
- Wash the rice , drain water and keep aside.
- Take oil in a pressure cooker and heat it. Add the onions and saute it for three minutes.
- Add the paste of ginger garlic and continue to saute. I prefer making fresh paste than using the ready available ones, as they give a better taste.
- Wash the veggies and add them to it, continue to saute for a few more minutes, then add the rice and mix well.
- Stir slowly on a low flame. After sometime add the pav bhaji masala and chilli powder to it.
- Mix well and then add five cups of water. Add the required quantity of salt, stir and close the lid.
- Let it cook for one whistle.
- Allow to settle, before removing.
- Jalfraize rice is ready.
- Serve with onion and cucumbersalad.
Subscribe to get an e-book of handyhints !
Sharing is Caring !
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ /]