Custard Pudding is a layered, easy to make dessert. It is a good treat during hot summer months. One can customise to their preference.
Custard pudding is one of the desserts I often make. This dessert is easy to prepare and tailor-made to one’s taste and needs. Since it is the season of mangoes, I have used mango pieces today. One can add pomegranate arils and banana pieces too. Adding of chocolate ganache gives a good and rich taste to it.
A few pointers to make custard :
- Use good quality custard powder. I prefer using Brown and Polson.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Custard can be made either of thin or thick consistency. Here, we need one of moderately thick consistency.
- Do not use hot custard in layering.
Ingredients for Custard Pudding:
For the first layer:
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon ghee
For the second Layer:
- 1/2 litre milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- a little water or milk for mixing
For the third layer:
- mango pieces
- At first, let us prepare the custard. Take milk in a thick bottom pan. Take custard powder in a small bowl and mix it with a small quantity of water or milk. Keep it aside. Once it boils, add sugar and give a stir. Now, add the slurry to it. Keep stirring as you add it. As it boils, it thickens. Put it aside to cool.
- Chop the mango and dry fruits.
- Take the digestive biscuits and powder it. I have used Marie biscuit, find it ideal for many desserts. You can either put the biscuits in a zip-lock bag and press it with a rolling pin. One can also pulse them in the jar.
- Mix the crushed powder with ghee and cocoa powder.
- Take small glasses or a small jar. Put the biscuit crumble below and press it with the back of a spoon.
- Put three tablespoon of the cooled custard to it. Set it for sometime in the freezer.
- Top it with mango pieces, dry fruits and berries.
- Chill and serve.
Take a tip:
- Different kind of fruits can be added.
- A spoon of soaked chia seed tastes good to it.
- You may top it with cornflakes.
- Instead of fruits, you can top it with chocolate ganache.
Pin it for later :
Looking for more recipes with mango? Here is a compilation of different kind of recipes using mango.
If you ever recreate this recipe, take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @foodiejayashree or on Facebook by tagging @evergreendishes. I will be glad to see your creation. Have you check out my e-books ?
Subscribe to get an e-book of handy hints and all updates in your inbox.